Choosing the right home inspector can be a daunting task, especially if you've never hired one before. When you are finished with this article you should know what questions to ask when interviewing prospective inspector.
Because all licensed inspectors required to adhere to the same standard, many people believe all home inspectors are the same. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you’re looking for good informative home inspections, you can search through various online resources.
Image Source: Google
If the two inspectors who examine the same house, inspection reports and findings can be very different. Some inspectors try harder, more experienced, and more thoroughly than others.
Here is a list of questions I have put to you that you can use when interviewing potential home inspector:
1. How long do you have a license and have checked the house?
2. Do you carry Errors and Omissions (E & O) insurance?
3. On average, how much time do you need to do a typical home inspection? Through the inspectors will take about three hours in a typical home.
4. How long does it take for me to get my inspection report back from you in electronic format?
5. Are you a member of a professional association?
6. Do you do a re-inspection of the repaired item? If so, for how much?