Netgear N300 is a compact and easy to setup networking device that generates strong wifi connectivity for smart devices. If you are facing low internet connectivity issue, then installing a Netgear N300 extender at your home is the right decision for you. Netgear N300 extender setup is easy, you just need to follow some simple steps to perform this task. Here, in this post will discuss how to setup Netgear wifi extender via various methods.
Netgear N300 Setup Using WPS Method:
- Power on your Netgear N300 extender.
- Place the extender and router at the same place.
- Make sure your extender is away from all the electronic devices.
- Once all done then plug your Netgear extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the LED light on N300 turns solid green.
- Press the WPS button of your wifi extender.
- Now press the WPS button on your wifi router.
- If your Netgear N300 extender link status LED lights white, it means your wifi router and extender is connected with each other.
- Now, you can move your extender to a place where you want to be.
Netgear N300 Wifi Range Extender Setup Using Manual Method:
- Turn on your Netgear N300 extender.
- Place your Netgear extender close to your existing wifi router.
- Once done, then plug the Netgear N300 wifi range extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait until the extender Power LED light turns solid green.
- If the power LED does not shows any light then press the power button for 5 seconds.
- Connect your computer or laptop with the extender through wifi or Ethernet cable.
- Connect Your Computer Or Laptop With Extender Through Wifi: open your computer or laptop, go to the wifi connection manager and connect to the extender network. When your computer or laptop is connected with the extender network the LED lights solid white.
- Connect Your Computer Or Laptop With Extender Through Ethernet Cable: Connect your computer or laptop with the extender by using Ethernet cable. Plug the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port of extender and then connect it with the Ethernet port of your computer or laptop.
- Open any web browser in your connected device.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter. If mywifiext.net is not working on your device, then contact Netgear experts for quick help.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to setup the extender.
- At last, click on finish button to complete the setup.
- Now, you can move your extender where you want to be.