Pancakes are one of the most popular breakfast items in the United States and in several other countries around the world. We especially enjoyed pancakes with maple syrup and coffee. Sometimes we tend to eat it as snacks.
Why do we like to eat it, what's so special about pancakes? Some people often take pancakes for granted and don't really know their background. What is the history behind pancakes and why are they so popular?
There are many restaurants which provide delicious pancakes. If you are looking for pancakes, then you can also browse https://www.toprestaurantprices.com/ihop-prices/.
Image Source: Google
Here are some interesting pancake facts that you might not realize:
- Pancakes are traditionally eaten on Tuesday in the forest, which was used to go back to the past, around 1000 years ago.
- Pancakes can be found in many cultures around the world, although they may not use the same ingredients as pancakes, they generally have the same taste and texture.
- Maple syrup, which matches pancakes, is actually a tree sap, which comes from a maple tree, which is mostly found in Canada.
- The French often make requests while turning pancakes during the cooking process, holding a coin on the other side.
- The first recipe for pancakes was listed in the 15th century, in an English recipe book.
- The world's largest pancake was cooked at Roch-dale Manchester in 1994, which is about 15 meters in diameter, weighs 3 tons, and has two million calories.
- Throwing pancakes can be considered a funny sport, one of them runs a marathon while continuing to throw pancakes for three hours.
- William Shakespeare loves pancakes so much that he calls them in his play.
- A fairly new trend that has emerged recently is pancake sandwiches.
- Once upon a time, before baking soda was discovered, cooks often used freshly fallen snow, a secret ingredient containing ammonia, which made pancakes come out nice and soft.