The pallet flow rack is an ideal system for operations that require a large number of pallet or card order taking, allowing fast and efficient inventory turnover while doubling or even triple your storage capacity compared to selective pallet racking systems.
First-in / First-Out Pallet Rack Storage
Pallet Flow Pallet Racks are designed to reduce labor and increase floor space by providing high-density storage at various levels of order taking. This first entry/exit system consists of a track roller section that is placed on a sloping lane which allows the pallet load to easily glide over it.
Shipping pallets are loaded at the end of the roll and with gravity, moves at a controlled speed to the front of the system until it is ready to be picked, ensuring that faces along the picker aisle are available.
First-in, first-out means that the first pallet placed in the row is the first pallet that must be removed. After the first pallet is taken, all the pallets behind it move forward one position. This system allows efficient rotation of stored products and is perfect for storing perishable goods.
Operations suitable for Pallet Flow Racking Systems include:
- Warehouses store durable goods
- Food Distribution Center
- Center for High Volume Consumer Goods
- Cold Storage
- Delivery Area
- Features and Benefits of Pallet Flow Pallet Racks
- High-density storage saves valuable warehouse floor space.
- Inventory control is improved because each aisle contains products with the same SKU.
- Maximized use of space.
- The product is protected from possible damage by storing it on the floor.
- Reduction in time maneuver results in a reduction in labor costs.
Quick returns on your investment – in most cases, you can recover your investment in 2 to 3 years due to space savings, reduced labor costs and the system becomes maintenance-free.